Partial or Full Dentures
Denture Services By Experienced Dentist in White Rock, BC
At Georgian Square Dental Clinic in White Rock we offer Partial or Full dentures specifically designed to fit comfortably in your mouth. We strive to save as many teeth as possible when it comes to deciding which option of denture fits best for our patients. Partial dentures are recommended when one or more teeth on the same arch are missing. Partial dentures are used when a bridge is not recommended due to a few different factors such as:
- When patient had poor oral hygiene habits
- Physical health and age
- Replacement of missing teeth for patients who cannot sit for long appointments.
Full Dentures are designed to restore the function and esthetics of the natural dentition. They are recommended when replacing all upper or lower teeth. A complete denture receives all its support and retention from the underlying tissues. Some indications for a full denture include but are not limited to:
- The remaining teeth cannot be saved
- The remaining teeth cannot support a partial denture
Home Care Instructions
Partial and Full dentures should be cleaned daily. Here are some more in-depth instructions to help care for dentures:
- With the denture removed thoroughly rinse your mouth.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces of the denture; using a special denture brush that you receive from the dental office.
- Avoid harsh abrasives, such as toothpaste.
- During cleaning, carefully hold the denture over the sink half filled with cool lukewarm water.
- Do not soak the denture in hot water or any strong solutions such as bleach. These liquids will damage the denture.
- When not in the mouth, store the dentures in a moist, airtight container to prevent drying or warping.
- Do not wear the denture at night.